Monday, February 15, 2010

MySql Open Tables and Max Linux Open Files

Ubuntu linux default max open files (limit) is 1000 and if your hitting mysql with huge amount of queries at one time, you may hit the open files limit. I also run into this problem with development with eclipse and having to open so many java classes.

Reference to whats happening
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/table-cache.html

Check to see what the limits are:
ulimit -a

Change the open files limit:
sudo pico /etc/security/limits.conf
#add - the file open integers are huge due to my deployment, choose your own
mysql soft nofile 24000
mysql hard nofile 32000

sudo reboot



No comments:

Trying out the Dart Analysis Server

I wanted to see how the Dart Analysis Server was put together and worked. I started looking to see how I could wire it up and try out the co...