Friday, November 27, 2009

Share Libraries with All Servlet Application in Tomcat6

When including jar libraries with Tomcat. Don't double include and do it in the right directory.

Every time I want to share a library with all Tomcat6 applications on Ubuntu 8.10+ stick the library in : /usr/share/tomcat6/lib

For instance I am using this library: /usr/share/tomcat6/lib/RXTXcomm.jar -> /usr/share/java/RXTXcomm.jar

For some reason, when I stick the library in /var/lib/tomcat6/lib has no include value. And if you stick the libraries in both it can create a problem, especially with RXTXcomm. So whats the deal, do both directories include, and what order, and does that matter?

I have been frustrated with the fact there are two locations to stick libraries for tomcat. I'll have to find why later. Not enough time to discover why now.

No comments:

Trying out the Dart Analysis Server

I wanted to see how the Dart Analysis Server was put together and worked. I started looking to see how I could wire it up and try out the co...