Sunday, May 17, 2009

GWT Handler Example

I setup a simple micro gwt application project to try out the new GWT events system, which I must say, far exceeds the previous listener system. I have to say, I had to change my mind set on how I view an event. I didn't realize there is more than one method to view how a event happens (check out gwt events and handlers for more info). It was hard at first to understand what was going on. I could only find one page with the documentation of an example of a custom gwtevent. So I started reverse engineering the GWT, in that I started understanding a little bit about the event system.

Here is what I came up with:

Demo of new event system: http://gwtexample.appspot.com/

SVN Source: http://code.google.com/p/gwt-examples/source/browse/#svn/trunk/gwt_handler_example/src/com/gawkat/gwt/example_handler/client%3Fstate%3Dclosed

1 comment:

PRY said...

That's fine!
But how to catch right-click events?

Trying out the Dart Analysis Server

I wanted to see how the Dart Analysis Server was put together and worked. I started looking to see how I could wire it up and try out the co...